Managing the employment relationship takes skill, knowledge and commitment. Once again Insight Information will bring you two information-packed days covering the latest legal, policy and strategic developments in this challenging area of practice. Whether you are a human resources professional, a union or labour official, a corporate executive, or an employment, labour or human rights lawyer, arbitrator or mediator, you will find this program to be a convenient and comprehensive update on essential developments in employment and labour law matters.
You will hear from both labour and management side experts about managing your policies and your processes for the best possible outcomes. They will also provide practical guidance on how to ensure compliance with the latest legal requirements, and on strategies to minimize the risk of grievances, litigation and penalties.
This assembled faculty of top legal counsel and other experts will be available to share their knowledge and practical insights with you. Take advantage of the opportunity to have them address your particular issues and questions.
Among the important topics they will address are:
- Extended Leaves of Absence – When is the Employment Relationship Over?
- Managing Technology and Social Media Use at the Workplace – Upstream and Downstream Solutions
- Wrongful Termination – Direction from the Bench and the Implications for Non-Unionized Workers and their Employers
- Terminations for Just Cause – Latest Developments in the Context of Collective Bargaining
- Legislative and, Case Law Roundup and Damages Update
Besides benefitting from the knowledge and insights of the expert faculty, you will earn continuing education credits, and enjoy valuable opportunities for dialogue with colleagues and peers from across the region.
We look forward to seeing you in October!
Teresa R. Haykowsky
McLennan Ross LLP
Receive latest updates on:
- Family Status and Employment – Developing Human Rights at the Workplace
- Pre-Access and Post-Incident Testing for Restricted Substances
- Duty to Accommodate and the Latest Guidance on Undue Hardship
- Severance Trends and Requirements
- Fit for Duty Testing – What are the Limits and the Parameters?
- Changeovers and the Impact of Business Structure and Control on Labour and Employment
- Reforming Construction Labour Relations in Alberta – The Sims Report Recommendations
WHO SHOULD ATTEND:
This program has been designed for HR and Labour Relations Professionals and Union Representatives from all industries.
- Vice Presidents, Directors & Managers of:
- Human Resources
- Labour Relations
- Employee Relations
- Benefits, Compensation and Payroll
- Union Presidents, Business Agents, Stewards and Committee Members
- In-house Counsel
- Chief Operating Officers
- Employment and Labour Lawyers
- Mediators and Arbitrators
- Administrative Law Practitioners
- HR and Labour Relations Consultants
- Benefits and Pension Consultants
- Association Representatives
For sponsorship opportunities, please contact Amy Leung at 416.642.6128 or email@example.com