The labour relations landscape is constantly changing and requires continuous attention. It is essential to consistently review the changes in labour law, to examine the issues affecting employees, and identify employers’ responsibilities. As employee and union relations and human resources professionals, it is crucial to understand the importance of keeping up with developments on labour legislations, current labour relations issues, managing employee relations, and effective solutions for resolving disputes.
The 12th Annual Atlantic Canada Labour & Employee Relations Forum provides a one-of-a-kind opportunity for professionals from unionized and non-unionized workplaces to connect, network, benchmark and discuss issues of strategic and substantive relevance in the current environment. This year’s agenda will address changes in the labour relations landscape, important issues impacting employers and employees, best practices in managing various workplace disputes, and significant decisions and developments of note. Best practices in personal and medical privacy, attendance management, mental health in the workplace, and managing family status accommodation amongst other key issues will also be covered. Regardless of your specific responsibilities within labour relations we believe that there are invaluable and critical takeaways for all participants.
- Latest Developments of Note in Employment and Labour Law – Strategic Implications for Management and Labour
- Family Status Accommodation – Impact of Developing Trends, Significant Case Decisions, and Defining the Line of Undue Hardship
- Views and Updates from Your Labour Boards
- Privacy of Personal and Medical Information – Balancing Between Too Much & Too Little Information
- Attendance Management – Managing Absenteeism, Creating a Policy, and Lessons Learned After Three Years of Implementation
- Qualifying What Counts as Bullying and Harassment – How Do We Address it?
- Impacts of Recent Significant Decisions on Constructive Dismissals
Who Should Attend
This conference has been designed for Human Resources, Labour Relations Professionals and Union Representatives from all industries in Atlantic Canada.
- Vice Presidents, Directors & Managers of:
- Human Resources
- Labour Relations
- Employee Relations
- Benefits, Compensation and Payroll
- Union Presidents, Business Agents, Stewards and Committee Members
- In-house Counsel
- Employment and Labour Lawyers
- Mediators and Arbitrators
- Administrative Law Practitioners
- HR and Labour Relations Consultants
- Benefits and Pension Consultants
- Association Representatives
Testimonials from Past Attendees
Benefitted from case law examples and current employment law trends. Also how to apply topics to real life employee management (Krista Nantau, Supervisor Employee Services of HRM-Metro Transit)
Very good insights and advice – great information and new ideas – due diligence info etc. (Paula Brophy, Supervisor Employee Services of HRM Metro Transit)
Great for legal updates and networking (Shane Hughes, Manager of Labour Relations, City of Moncton)
Excellent overview and updates with recent cases (Barb Jones Gordon, Executive Director of NS Dept. of Labour and Advanced Education)
Great introduction to Nova Scotia employment – hiring 1st employee in Canada – US based employer (Lori Gamble – HR Director of juwi Wind, LLC)